Monday, November 21, 2011

Cake recipe question?

BOnjour. (: So here's the deal, I'm making my friend a marble cake for her birthday here's the recipe: http://www.marblecakerecipe.net/ I don't have milk, is there something I can sub for it? I don't have any form of milk, or soy milk, advice?Cake recipe question?
Yes, you can substitute evaporated milk, mix 1/2 cup of it with 1/2 cup water and you're good to go!





Also, if you have liquid non-dairy creamer like Coffee-Mate? My dad cannot have dairy products and when recipes call for milk I sub non-dairy creamer and the recipes come out fine.





Otherwise I would just use water instead of milk, add another teaspoon of vanilla for richer flavor, and it should be fine.Cake recipe question?
You can use water, and it will turn out okay.


The milk is just there to provide moisture, really. But you would want to add some extra sugar, maybe 2 tablespoons. You could use table sugar, honey, whatever you like. And I would add maybe 1 tablespoon of extra butter, melted, when you add the water. This will give it some richness that would be lost if you just use plain water.








Haha, you said you didn't have any milk! Yes, evaporated milk will work just fine. Its just milk thats had half of its water boiled off. So you mix it with an equal part of water and its the same exact thing as regular milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment