Monday, November 21, 2011

Sock-It-Me-Cake Recipe?

I came across this recipe that sounds very good except for one ingredient, 2 tsp cinnamon. Hubby is alergic to cinnamon and I don't like the taste at all. I usually just leave cinnamon out but this time I had a thought. (yea, I know, dangerous. LOL) Could I replace the cinnamon with cocoa powder for a more chocolate flavor instead?Sock-It-Me-Cake Recipe?
Sock-It-To-Me Cake





1 (18 ounce) box Duncan Hines butter cake mix


1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened


1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix


2 cups cold milk


1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Topping


1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained





Bake cake in a 9X13-inch baking pan, according to the directions on the box.


Let cake cool completely.


Mix together cream cheese and pudding mix with electric mixer.


Add cold milk, a little at a time, and beat until well blended.


Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.


Refrigerate for 10 minutes.


Spread Cool Whip topping over cream cheese mixture.


Sprinkle top of cake with crushed pineapples.


Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.


Keep cake refrigerated.Sock-It-Me-Cake Recipe?
You could but I don't think 2 tsp. is enough to really give it a more chocolate flavor. If you like nutmeg you might try that.
Good idea. I say try it and see how it comes out. i might try it my self.
I think you can because I've seen a hundred different recipes for this cake.....some even use bosco and 7 up ...... so you can do that no probs.

No comments:

Post a Comment