Monday, August 23, 2010

How can I adjust a reg. yellow cake mix for a ';with pudding'; recipe?

I have a cake recipe that calls for a yellow cake mix with ';pudding in the mix.'; I want to use the mix I have, which doesn't have it. Can I add a dry vanilla pudding mix to it? If so, instant or non-instant? Or should I just break down and buy a mix with pudding and still be left with the other one? Thanks.How can I adjust a reg. yellow cake mix for a ';with pudding'; recipe?
You'll probably be fine without adding any extra instant pudding to the cake mix you want to use. The pudding in the mix simply adds a bit more moisture to the finished product and, unless you think your recipe will be too dry without it, I wouldn't worry about it too much.How can I adjust a reg. yellow cake mix for a ';with pudding'; recipe?
VERY MOIST YELLOW CAKE





1 box yellow cake mix


1/2 c. oil


1 c. milk


4 eggs


1 box instant pudding (lemon, vanilla, banana)





Mix 15 minutes on high speed. Bake 50 minutes at 350 degrees in ungreased angel food cake pan. Frost or shake confectioners' sugar over it. It stays moist indefinitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment