Sunday, July 25, 2010

Can you help me find a recipe for a diabetic birthday cake and frosting with carb exchanges listed ?

My 3 yr. old daughter has been recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. My stepsons birthday is this weekend and I planned on just getting a recipe for the birthday cake online. There are thousands of recipes, but not many with the carb exchanges listed so that I know how much insulin to give her. Many of the recipes online are for adults. I need a recipe for just a plain white cake. Also I need a recipe for a diabetic frosting as well. Please help if you can!Can you help me find a recipe for a diabetic birthday cake and frosting with carb exchanges listed ?
i have a diabetic cookbook, if you email me and tell me what flavor you want, i will get one for you. my email is my screen name at yahoo.com, of course. also, be careful with artificial sweetners, because some can have the same affect on insulin levels that sugar does...i have read that Splenda does. you can actually use splenda in any recipe you have now and substitute it cup for cup for the sugar. it doesn't have the calories of sugar, at least, and it tastes the same. you might want to speak to a diatician, because in a lot of cases, diabetics can have some sugar, you just have to balance it with other things like proteins to help keep the blood sugar stable.Can you help me find a recipe for a diabetic birthday cake and frosting with carb exchanges listed ?
um may be sugar free frosting and stuff like that maybe a doctor might know because I'm not an expert so i cant say i hope u find it =) i know a a friend who has a daughter with diabetes but i dont know her number so i cant call and ask=(
Try going to the American Diabetes Association website - they should be able to help you.


Also, the doctor who diagnosed your daughter should have referred you to a dietician since overall meal planning needs to be balanced.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment